Sunday, January 31, 2010
Friday, January 29, 2010
- Bush and the GOP expanded the federal budget by some $700 billion.
- Bush launched two expensive wars in which we remain mired.
- Bush started the bailouts of the financial industry.
- Bush and the GOP presided over a $2.5 trillion increase in the federal debt.
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Monday, January 25, 2010
When we got back to Beijing we took a rickshaw ride through narrow streets and alleys and along a large frozen lake. We understand it is beautiful in the warmer months, brightly lit at night, and a popular area for locals to gather. Today though, it was bitter cold and mostly deserted.
Saturday, January 23, 2010
- Many of the cars were upscale.
- Impatient drivers, lots of horn tooting, swerving back and forth into lanes.
- Buildings along road seemed darker than you’d find in a US city - less outside lighting.
- Every now and then caught the smell of burning coal and noticed some smokestacks.
- Glad I am not driving. Very glad.
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
...the purpose of the court in imposing sanctions is not to 'silence' an attorney who pleads a poor case. It is to attempt to ensure that he pleads a better one next time.