- Sen. John Chichester (R, Stafford) - Member of Senate: 1978-2008. Elected President pro tempore of the Senate, 2000. Former Chair of Finance Committee
- Sen. Russ Potts (R, Winchester) - Member of Senate: 1992-2008. Independent candidate for Governor in 2005.
- Sen. Marty Williams (R, Newport News) - Member of Senate: 1996-2008. Former Chair of Transportation Committee.
- Sen. Warren E. Barry (R, Fairfax) - Member of the House of Delegates: 1970-1983. Member of the Senate: 1992-2002.
- Sen. Brandon Bell (R, Roanoke Co.) - Member of Senate: 1992-96; 2004-2008
- Del. Anne G. “Panny” Rhodes (R, Richmond) – Member of the House of Delegates: 1992-2001
- Del. Katherine Waddell (I, Richmond) – Member of House of Delegates: 2006-2008. Former aide to Republican Lt. Gov. John Hager.
- Del. Jim Dillard (R, Fairfax) – Member of House of Delegates: 1972-1977, 1980-2005. Former Chair of Education Committee.
A distinguished group of Republicans who know Virginia government and the General Assembly inside and out. A group who cares deeply about the Commonwealth. Republicans who have worked with both Creigh Deeds and Bob McDonnell and know only one will keep Virginia moving forward. Sen. Russ Potts summed it up nicely:
"I served with him (Deeds) for 16 years - sworn in the same day - and get to see what a person's all about. There's no pretentiousness with Creigh. What you see is what you get. I think he'll be a Governor who'll throw caution to the winds and make tough choices."Well said, Sen. Potts! And just the opposite could be said about Bob McDonnell. He's pretentious. He's hiding much of his political past, including being nurtured by Pat Robertson. With Bob McDonnell what you see, isn't close to what you'll get.