- Mark Obenshain supported legislation that would force a woman who had suffered an emotionally devastating miscarriage to report it to police. He eventually withdrew the bill citing "flaws" but that doesn't excuse his basic premise that government should actively intrude in women's personal lives.
- Mark Obenshain has pushed for voter ID laws that obviously target minorities and poor and would make voting more difficult for thousands of Virginians.
- Mark Obenshain supported a personhood bill that, if enacted, potentially would ban some forms of birth control.
- Mark Obenshain did not support the transportation bill that eventually passed with bipartisan support and the signature of a Republican governor. In short, Mr. Obenshain voted against jobs and improving the Commonwealth's economic climate.
- Mark Obenshain has received big bucks from oil, coal, and natural gas companies. If you care about issues like clean water and clean air then Obenshain's friends who favor mountain top removal coal mining, fracking, and uranium mining in Virginia should scare the bejesus out of you.
Family of Deceased Man Requests Dropping NY Times Subscriptions in Lieu of Flowers - (Credit: elaine a) Leonard Mason Smith was apparently a man of few words and little patience for the nation's paper of record. Per Mediaite, his obituary...
2 hours ago