- K-12 education will see $646 million less over the next two years meaning teacher/staff layoffs, school closings, and larger classes. Apparently the Senate held tough and prevented the even more drastic cuts proposed by the House of Delegates.
- As predicted in an earlier post, judges who retire or die will not be replaced. Full dockets. Backlogs. Irate citizens. Justice delayed. Justice denied.
- Although some of the worst proposals for the Virginia Retirement system were averted, the system takes still another hit. In the past couple of years the state has underfunded the retirement system and now the General Assembly is borrowing $620 million from it. I don't trust them to repay it - do you? What recourse will members have - can we sue the bastards?
- $1 billion was cut from health programs. Only 250 additional adults with mental disabilities will receive community-based services - the waiting list tops 6,000. A human and a public safety disaster.
- Funding for sheriff's offices drops by 6%. Expect slower response times, a reduced presence of resource officers in schools, and fewer crime prevention programs.
Steve Schmidt Drags 'Scumbag' Michael Cohen And It Is Glorious - Steve Schmidt joined Nicolle Wallace on MSNBC to talk about the Stormy Daniels situation and he had some really strong words about Michael Cohen, Donald ...
2 hours ago