Monday, June 22, 2009

Stoney joins Deeds campaign

Levar Stoney has joined the gubernatorial campaign of Creigh Deeds as political director. He will be taking a leave of absence as executive director of the Democratic Party of Virginia.
While this news is now about a week old, CCC wants to congratulate Creigh and Levar - this seems like a great matchup. It is also worth noting Levar's Valley connections. Yes, he's been here for many events such as the Harrisonburg-Rockingham Labor Day Banquet and last summer's Paint the Valley Blue celebration at the Frontier Culture Museum in Staunton (pic). Levar is also a JMU grad so he is familiar with the area from his Young Dem days.
Levar credited Virginia Democrats for helping him at DPVA and he looked forward to a Deeds victory in November:
I just wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you for all the help and support you've given me over the last three years with the DPVA. I have learned so much since early 2006 when I came to the Party and it's definitely due to the great Virginia Democrats I get a chance to work with each and every day. This isn't a goodbye because you'll see and hear from me a lot in my new role as Political Director over at Deeds for Virginia. However, since I expect we will elect Creigh the next Governor of Virginia, this is likely my final DPVA correspondence.
I'm sure we'll be seeing more of Levar in Staunton, Harrisonburg, Roanoke, and all across the Valley between now and Election Day. We'll also find him taking an important role in shaping a Deeds administration!

No comments: