Thursday, July 24, 2008

Getting the fox out of the henhouse

Dave "Mudcat" Saunders is a Democratic consultant and co-author of Foxes in the Henhouse: How the Republicans Stole the South and the Heartland and What the Democrats Must Do to Run 'em Out. Always insightful and often witty, Mudcat, is fun to read and even more fun to get into a Q&A with spontaneous comments. The Shad Plank conducted an online chat on July 23. A few Mudcatisms:
You damned right I see Gilmore getting nasty. I think it's his nature. Some of the attacks will have absolutely no basis in truth. By Labor Day, he's going to be telling you guys that Mark was the dude behind the grassy knoll.
For example, he (VA Attorney General Bob McDonnell) put in all those sodomy bills and when asked if he had ever committed sodomy, replied, "I don't recall." Bubba hears that and says, "I might have forgotten where my car keys are. In fact, I might have forgotten where my car was, but I don't think I would have forgotten that one."
Read the entire interview including his thoughts on the '09 gubernatorial race and how Obama can win in Virginia at The Shad Plank.

No comments: